Water leak in overflow pipes

I’ve had one of the tanks in my attic moved and now we have a leak in the overflow pipe, there is a small u joint between the pipe coming from the tank to the pipe going outside under the eaves. The water is dripping from the u bend, the pipes r all plastic ..? How can I fixed a leak in the overflow pipes, please?

Asked by Fiona on 13th May 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"Replacing ball valve will resolved issue as possible letting by"
Answered on 20th May 2021 - Member since Apr 2021 - report
"Hi.. With this you can fixi it.Find the source of leak and apply around. It will hold since is not under pressure. Read the instruction.
I hope this will help you
Answered on 13th May 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
"If its the overflow pipe thats leaking, this suggests to me that the ball valve and float is set too high and that the water level is reaching the overflow outlet. This has to be the first thing to investigate. Quite simple to gently bend arm of ball valve so that float stops supply lower down the tank. I usually set the level about 50mm below the bottom of overflow outlet pipe. Also check that its not leaking outside of the fitting. This would suggest that the overflow union adapter has not been tightened sufficiently to make a seal."
Answered on 13th May 2021 - Member since Jan 2021 - report
"Youl need to get up into the loft and try and see which joint its leaking on ,as there plastic fittings youl need what us plumbers call a cement solvent glue which glues plastic pipes and fitting together ,but they have to be dry not wet or they wont stick"
Answered on 1st Jul 2022 - Member since Sep 2021 - report
"Looks like the fitting wasn't done properly, the best bet is to refit that bent part make sure is fitted tight or glued depending on what the plumber used. if it is plastic, it's usually pushed and fit sometimes they need little things like inside rings to hold it tighter. A plumber would know all this."
Answered on 26th May 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
"Hi I would cut a part that is leaking out and solvent weld a joiner in to repair leaking part of overflow pipe"
Answered on 17th May 2021 - Member since May 2017 - report
the float is faulty now, so the water continuously fills the tank and going through the overflow pipe to outside."
Answered on 19th May 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
"Put pipe solvent weld on the joint it will stop the leak"
Answered on 19th May 2021 - Member since Apr 2021 - report
"You need a new ball valve and float in the tank
Which is left in the loft as this is letting by so water
going out of overflow pipe"
Answered on 13th May 2021 - Member since Jun 2019 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year