MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Get a Quote
  • Ask a Trade
  • About Us
  • Trade Signup
  • Categories
  • Login
  • Ask a Trade: Heating Engineers

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer?

    Post your Question

    Search our questions

    How much would it cost to have a valor gas fire removed and disposed of?

    Asked by Harriet on 9th Jan 2020

    We have a GEC night storage boiler which a specialist has confirmed is working properly. The boiler heats the water that flows through the underfloor pipework. We believe there is a a problem with the underfloor heating manifold which means that the 5 wall thermostats have no control over the underfloor heating. Currently, we charge the boiler all night in order to get any heat the next day. The daytime heating is throughout the whole house even though we only need it in 1 room at any time. The night storage heating is used up sometime in the early evening. We need someone to diagnose the fault with the manifold.

    Asked by Liam on 27th Nov 2019

    I currently have a Honeywell programmable thermostat which is great. However, when I light my log fire it turns all the heating off so that the rest of the house is cold. Would the solution be to change to a wireless thermostat and if so which one?

    Asked by Katie on 24th Nov 2019

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Currently my Wired thermostat is located stupidly out my my lobby which has a door I keep closed for various reasons. I would like my thermostat to be moved somewhere move central in my home but mu Landlords engineer said wired thermostats cant be moved. Surely there must be a way to do this or can i change to wireless?

    Asked by Tom on 10th Oct 2019

    Hello all I am in the process of kitchen renovations at the moment and will need a new gas hob to be installed. I had thought his would be a task only a Gas Safe registered engineer would be able to do legally, however the builder involved in my renovation work tells me that it is a simple change of disconnecting the old hob and reconnecting to the new, so it would be too minor to need a specialist and that he could do it himself. Is this the case, or am I having the wool pulled over my eyes? I’d like to hear from the horse’s mouth on this, from actual engineers.

    Asked by LAURA on 8th Sep 2019

    I have an new white box to go around my outside gas meter and I need someone to fit it as I believe the gas will need to be disconnected to do it.

    Asked by Katie on 28th Aug 2019

    Hi all, I need to replace the thermostat for my boiler and the gas engineer recommended the Honeywell CM928, but it seems like there are a lot of negative reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with this and with any of the common problems? For example the LCD screen not working properly

    Asked by Catherine on 7th Mar 2019

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started