Which building control authority should I contact?

What building control authority is the best to contact if I want to comply with building regulations?

Asked by Joyce on 22nd Nov 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"The building control you need to contact would be your local council building control. You can also look to hire a private building control as a second option.

Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
"Just speak to your local council authority
You can fill in a bn1 form online"
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Apr 2020 - report
"Good morning to you my name is William from W a Building specialist the proper way to do it would be to visit the Gov.uk Website type in building regulations and follow the instructions that is the proper way to do it thank you very much for your question"
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
"You need to contact your local council building control department. You can call or contact them online."
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Aug 2018 - report
"Hi just call your local council they will send you some forms and give you all the info"
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Dec 2016 - report
"Get in touch with your local building authority. Your local council will give you contact number."
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
"It is always your local council. You deal with building control are a department within"
Answered on 6th Dec 2021 - Member since Sep 2020 - report
"Your local authority, or you can get an independent building inspector"
Answered on 9th Dec 2021 - Member since Oct 2021 - report
The cost of building control is dependent on the works you're undertaking, however, I suggest if you have a contractor in place ask them to include dealing with the council as there may arise issues they can deal with much easier"
Answered on 5th Jan 2022 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
"Private Building inspectors are getting more popular now with Homeowners as they control the inspections from commencement to completion. A dedicated inspector is assigned to the project which aids with the building project moving along quickly without any hold-ups.
They are knowledgeable and have the same authority as council inspectors."
Answered on 27th Jan 2022 - Member since May 2020 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year