MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Get a Quote
  • Ask a Trade
  • About Us
  • Trade Signup
  • Categories
  • Login
  • Ask a Tradesman

    Fireplace back boiler removal


    Just moved into my new house. It’s Oil heating and has an open fire. Im not sure if previous owner used the fire. I’m getting new fireplace installed and have been told to remove back boiler before installation. Is this something a plumber needs to do or is this a specialist job. Does it need to be completely taken out or is it just a matter of disconnecting it?

    Asked by John on 4th Dec 2019
    Share this question
    Nik Solanki


    You will need a Qualified Gas Engineer to undertake this work.

    Once the removal of the Boiler is carries out it will need to be capped of and Gas tested to ensure no gas leaks are detected.

    Hope this helps,

    Answered on 11th Dec 2019 - Member since Dec 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content