MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Planning permission for bifold doors


    Do bifold doors require planning permission? When would they and when might they not need approval? Does it depend on their size, etc.?

    Asked by Patrick on 7th Jul 2021
    Share this question
    Rosey Builds

    "If you're just swapping one set of doors for another then no. If you're altering your building a substantial amount and or your property is grade listed then potentially yes, but usually if you're modifying your house to allow bigger doors, you'll just need to get it signed off by building regs. This can be sorted by your approved installer."

    Answered on 14th Jul 2021 - Member since Feb 2020 - report

    "It depends on whether it is a new opening or existing"

    Answered on 14th Jul 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
    Liberation Electrical and building services

    "Only for new builds where you would have to include in application"

    Answered on 14th Jul 2021 - Member since May 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content