MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Ask a Tradesman

    How to prevent penetrating wall stains

    Painters & Decorators

    How can I stop wall stains from bleeding through a painted surface? What can I do about this?

    Asked by Christian on 16th Dec 2020
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Site Contract Services Ltd

    "The best product to use on wall stains is "zinsser B-I-N primer" not cheap but quality product. Jus paint the primer over stained area. Thanks
    Site Contract Services Ltd"

    Answered on 18th Dec 2020 - Member since Jan 2020 - report
    Round Tuit

    "Everyone has "The answer".
    Mine is to use a high quality eggshell paint.
    A couple of coats covers and copes with most stains/bleeding and can cope in a hostile environment like swimming pools, showers etc"

    Answered on 17th Dec 2020 - Member since Sep 2017 - report
    Reach N Shine Window Fascia Gutter Cleaning Handyman Professionals

    "If you put PVA water proofer from wickes on the wall best taking all the paint off the wall first with sand paper and apply the PVA so it stop the damp coming through and gets a good bonding to the wall wate till it’s completely dry before you apply the paint.

    hope this helps

    Answered on 22nd Dec 2020 - Member since Aug 2016 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content