MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    How to fill a big hole in my wall around a door frame


    Hi the plaster is cracked around my door frame. What would I use to fill in the holes?
    Many thanks

    Asked by Lisa on 1st Feb 2021
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Brett’s renovations

    "Builders expanding foam let dry cut off with hand saw"

    Answered on 3rd Feb 2021 - Member since Nov 2020 - report
    Tom's Team Ltd

    "Easifill is a great product to use in this instance as it dries quickly and is flexible. It's also easy to sand."

    Answered on 4th Feb 2021 - Member since Oct 2017 - report
    Haigh Solutions

    "Depending on the size of the crack you can scrape it out with a Stanley knife and poly filler it then sand and paint over if the crack is too large for this you could pva the are scrim tape over the crack and plaster patch it then just paint and will all be as good as knew any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us
    Many thanks, Haigh Solutions"

    Answered on 4th Feb 2021 - Member since Jan 2021 - report

    "You can either use hardwall or bonding to fill the hole then multidimensional to do finishing off to do a nice smooth job"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
    Adam French Joinery Ltd

    "Hi there expanding foam will fill the voids around your door casings, this can be purchased from screwfix or any building supply, including B&q,
    any problems don’t hesitate to ask
    Adam French joinery ltd
    Whittle le woods

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2021 - Member since Nov 2018 - report
    Rssm Builders ltd

    "If small or big crack
    Make it big with knife clean up fill up form when form dried than put pollyfiller finish up"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
    Kirby Property Services

    "Probably best to remove any old loose plaster then see what's underneath it. Maybe it's a plasterboard with a joint but most likely lath and plaster. If it's plasterboard ensure it is secured correctly then skrim any cracks and possibly use easy fill which can be sanded back. If it's lath and plaster you will need to cut out the bad area and fill it out with bonding before giving it a skim coat of plaster"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2021 - Member since Dec 2017 - report
    AB Home Improvements

    "Hi, depending on the size of the holes you could either refill them with plaster or if the holes aren't that big then you could simply use a ready mix filler, smooth it off, sand it down to the level of the wall and then paint.
    I hope this helps.

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2021 - Member since Mar 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content