MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    General maintenance


    Please I am looking for what process to follow if a tradesperson collects a deposit of £400 for a job for the past 3 months that he has not done and has stopped taking my calls and replying to my texts.

    Asked by Caphy on 4th Aug 2022
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    D.Hill Plumbing and heating Services

    "Hello, I would contact trading standards and report him. They will give you the best advice.

    Answered on 4th Aug 2022 - Member since May 2019 - report

    "If it was a job from the site customer service should be able to help you as they have all our info"

    Answered on 4th Aug 2022 - Member since Jul 2022 - report
    Jamie Parsons

    "If he is from the website, report him as they will deal with him, aswell as have his details 👍🏻"

    Answered on 4th Aug 2022 - Member since Oct 2020 - report
    Self employed

    "Its actually fraud and deception as its gaining money via deception if no work has been undertaken .
    Ring Action Fraud for advice .
    If he has done work and not come back then it changes into a civil problem and you can ring Citizens Advice and be advised of County Court action .
    They may suggest local trading standards too ."

    Answered on 4th Aug 2022 - Member since Oct 2021 - report
    CD Tiling & Decor

    "Get the address and take them to the small claims court"

    Answered on 7th Aug 2022 - Member since Jun 2021 - report
    Build electrics

    "Unfortunately I hear about this stuff going on more and more
    Im guessing you paid cash in which not much comeback
    However. Depends on the details you have
    If you have proof of deposit Been paid eg bank transfer cheque or some receipt from him saying about deposit
    Did you find him from an online site such as this one in which case they will certainly have details of the trades person
    Any information you have like address. Im Sure you can try and claim money back with a small claims court however. It's unlikely and you could end paying more money out you might well have to put it down to experience but good luck"

    Answered on 4th Aug 2022 - Member since Aug 2021 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content