Gas storage unit advice

How can you safely facilitate and maintain a gas storage unit on your property? Whether it be beneath or above the ground, what can I do to ensure safety and what steps can be taken to prevent a gas leak or explosion?

Asked by Michael on 24th Feb 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"You are only responsible for the upkeep of your gas supply from the meter into your house, you cannot legally touch the meter itself or any part below the meter this must be done by your gas supplier. The meter can be protected by either building a cabinet/box yourself or by purchasing a commercially made box from most good builders merchants. Boxes for the outside need to be of a lockable type and the lock must be of the kind found on the commercial boxes so it can be accessed by either the meter reader or a gas engineer. Please also be aware that you have to use a registered “Gas Safe” engineer when having any type of work done on your supply."
Answered on 24th Feb 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year