Electricity Supply Relocation

We are going to have our existing garage demolished to make way for a 2 story extension, however the incomming gas and electricity supplies and meters are in the garage and need to be relocated. I've need to apply to have the supply relocated, and the people I've had round so far seem a little lost as to where.

The current supply and meter are located on the left hand wall of the garage that will be demolished, right next to where the 'k' of kitchen is on the plans in the link below. Once the supply has been moved we can then get the house rewired, the garage demolished, and the build started. Any ideas where the new supply could go? Or clever ways of making life easy? Many thanks

Asked by Grahame on 25th May 2022
Expert Trade Answers
"Yes you can relocate the supply to the outside of the building making a closed in closure space for the supply meter and consumer unit,which should resolve your relocation problems"
Answered on 25th May 2022 - Member since Sep 2020 - report
"As its ure energy suppliers property, they will need to be contacted for relocation to any designated location."
Answered on 25th May 2022 - Member since May 2019 - report
need to call distribution network operator (DNO)
i don't know lay out of your house of course
cupboard on outer wall would be best
thanks Ross"
Answered on 25th May 2022 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
"We first have to get the electricity supply company notified since the electric supply cables beyond the 100A incoming fuse does not belong to the customer. That's why in many cases, we have a seal on the supply system at this point.
The new convenient position of energy entry into the premises will be the shortest distance from the supply transformer to the entry position of the house from supply main route. Shortest entry point to house avoiding excess volt drop in cables to keep within respective ohmic value."
Answered on 1st Jul 2022 - Member since Jun 2021 - report
"Hello sir.
I hope you are OK.
I would like to help you telling you some tips.
First of all you will need to see where you can put the new fuse board.
Most of the times you put the new fuse board down to the stairs or in utility room. Where you can have easy access to work and to test for future investigations.
After that you will need to call the electricity provider because you will need a longer swa cable due to relocation. Only the provider can change the swa cable.
If the circuits are long enough you won't to do rewiring otherwise you will need to.
About the gas circuit you will need to talk with an expert on gas because it is not part of part P(part p it only for electrical issues).
I hope I helped you. Have a nice day, Kostantinos"
Answered on 25th May 2022 - Member since May 2022 - report
"For my opininion the job should be detected on its place to make a proper job."
Answered on 25th May 2022 - Member since Feb 2022 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year