MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman



    Are there tradespeople that do both plumbing and electrical work

    Asked by Mj on 2nd Jun 2022
    Share this question

    Best Answer


    "Yes some do you need to ensure they are a competent person in a scheme"

    Answered on 6th Jun 2022 - Member since Nov 2016 - report
    Paul's Plugs UK

    "Yes there are dual tradesman, I’m an electrical specialist but I do know people that do plumbing as well."

    Answered on 10th Jun 2022 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
    WK Electricals Ltd

    "Yes, there are multiskilled traders, who have specialised skills and experience as well as good knowledge in their respective trades."

    Answered on 1st Jul 2022 - Member since Jun 2021 - report

    "Yes of course they will present them selves as Multiskilled .

    New Electrics will require Paperwork however competent trades can do certain electrics ."

    Answered on 30th Jun 2022 - Member since Feb 2022 - report
    D tech FM

    "Yes of course there is in training for are many options to trained and a fully fledge electrician and a reactive maintenance engineer which covers level2 pluming like myself but not level 3 which is gas engineer."

    Answered on 7th Jun 2022 - Member since Oct 2021 - report

    "Unless they’re certified and qualified to do both I wouldn’t use a tradesperson that “knows what they’re doing”"

    Answered on 6th Jun 2022 - Member since Jan 2022 - report
    George Todd Property Maintenance

    "Yes. I'm a qualified electrician. Get paid by my employers on electricians' Rates I work for a housing association where I'm classed as multi-skilled. Due to carrying out plumbing works, joinery, tiling, repairing renewing locks. All due to working with other trades and a few courses."

    Answered on 6th Jun 2022 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
    Electrical safety testing contractors

    "Hi, yes there is, if you like at there trades skill, it will show you, kind regards"

    Answered on 6th Jun 2022 - Member since Nov 2018 - report
    Tomasz Sep

    "Yes. I am mechanical & electrical bias. Mechanical engineering is very wide and usually covers Heating Ventilation Air Condition (HVAC), plumbing (heating engineering) in building services but you need to ask trader as they might not cover gas installation. (gas safety and gas F)
    Sometimes you can see shortcuts MEP contractor (Mechanical Electrical and Public Health) on large commercial sites."

    Answered on 20th Jun 2022 - Member since Jun 2022 - report

    "yes if they are qualify in both industry and some years experience"

    Answered on 23rd Jun 2022 - Member since Mar 2018 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content