MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Boundary fence responsibility


    How do I find out who is responsible for the boundary fence at the bottom of my garden?

    Asked by LAURA on 30th Apr 2021
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Steve White Garden Services

    "You will need to contact the council who would be able to help with this matter or the landlord if it is rented accommodation."

    Answered on 30th Apr 2021 - Member since Jan 2021 - report
    S and m dec

    "You can ring your local council."

    Answered on 8th Aug 2021 - Member since Sep 2020 - report
    The Handy Two

    "If your deeds don't show the boundaries at all, you'll need to search the Land Registry. For a small fee, they will provide you with the title deeds to your property, which will help you to identify who is responsible for which fence."

    Answered on 21st May 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
    TAG Housing Maintenance

    "Your title deeds will tell you and also land register will too"

    Answered on 28th Jul 2021 - Member since Jul 2021 - report

    "Should be on the deeds of the property, you can also have a land surveyor check this but can be costly."

    Answered on 22nd Aug 2021 - Member since Jun 2021 - report
    M&k&j Maintenance service

    "Call the council they should be able to tell you from their plans"

    Answered on 18th May 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
    C m williams

    "Get in contact with your local council or you should have it on the deeds map ."

    Answered on 11th Jul 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
    Bodan Home & Garden Services

    "Title plans are one of the best ways to see which fence belongs to your property. Title plans may feature a 'T' mark showing many of your property's boundaries, and who is responsible for maintaining them. A 'T' mark on one side of the boundary indicates that the person on that side is responsible for the fence."

    Answered on 26th Jul 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
    Valzed Gardening

    "You may be able to find using and appĺying for the title deeds which cost approximately £3.00"

    Answered on 13th Jul 2021 - Member since Jul 2021 - report
    PS Garden Care & Property Maintenance

    "You can get a copy of your deeds from land registry and the boundary you are responsible for on the plan is marked with an inside T."

    Answered on 22nd Sep 2021 - Member since Aug 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content