MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Who do I need to ask to give me access to my eaves?


    I've asked several carpenter/joiners about cutting an opening into my plasterboard wall and installing an insulated door to the eaves space, but no-one so far has said they will cut into the wall. Should I be asking a builder to create the opening and a joiner/carpenter to fit the door? I'm not sure how this is normally done.

    Asked by Jenna on 10th Feb 2022
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Magic Property Service

    "Construction worker for the hole. A carpenter to insert a door."

    Answered on 11th Feb 2022 - Member since Jan 2021 - report
    Peter Davies

    "A carpenter should be able to do this without any problem."

    Answered on 14th Feb 2022 - Member since Mar 2020 - report

    "Hi A good Carpenter/joiner will do all the work for you.
    Norman Styles"

    Answered on 7th May 2022 - Member since May 2021 - report
    CN services

    "A straight forward builder would encompass all the works required to execute the works


    Answered on 7th Mar 2022 - Member since Mar 2022 - report
    MH Joinery

    "A joiner would be the best person to complete this. How it is done depends on what is behind the plaster, brickwork or stud wall."

    Answered on 18th Mar 2022 - Member since Mar 2022 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content