Washer dryer installation with maybe work to kitchen cabinets, who should I ask?

Hi we need a washer dryer fitted in a kitchen and may need work done to kitchen cabinets to accommodate this. Is this a plumber job, or kitchen fitter job? Thanks

Asked by Jennifer on 27th Jan 2021
Expert Trade Answers
Best Answer
"To remove a cabinet and fit a integrated dishwasher plumber can do the work"
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since Oct 2020 - report
"You would be best contacting a company that can offer multiple trades. Most plumbers will install however some will require the cabinets altered by a carpenter."
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since Oct 2020 - report
"A plumber/handyman or plumber and kitchen fitter not for getting the electrician if you need to also install a power point"
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since Apr 2019 - report
"A plumber should be able to undertake this work and complete within 4 hours"
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since May 2019 - report
"I would say its a kitchen fitters job amd possibly might need a plumber in to connect it up but you will find most kitchen fitters will be able to do it"
Answered on 29th Jan 2021 - Member since Jan 2021 - report
"A kitchen fitter will be likely to be able to connected, while a plumber is unlikely to sort out you kitchen cabinets.

Short answer: Go with a kitchen fitter."
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
"Use a company that specialises in kitchen fittings as they will have all the tradesmen for the job and will quote you accordingly"
Answered on 31st Jan 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
"It is a plumbing job you will need a plumber to install the washer dryer."
Answered on 22nd Feb 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
"Usually all plumbing work related kitchen fittings belong to kitchen installation team. As they do all first fix anyway. Sometimes homeowners asking plumbers to do the second fix, depend of the trader."
Answered on 28th Jan 2021 - Member since Jun 2019 - report
"Kitchen fitter with experience of changing existing kitchen units"
Answered on 27th Jan 2021 - Member since Nov 2020 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year