MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Is building control needed for an unvented hot water shortage system?


    Will I need building control approval to have an unvented hot water shortage system installed? In what cases would this apply and in what cases might it not? Thanks.

    Asked by duncan on 2nd Feb 2022
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    A1 builders

    "No a heating engineer needs to get it checked out to check the pressure on the boiler"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2022 - Member since Oct 2017 - report
    HillheadResidentialServices LTD

    "yes building control will need to be informed kt is necessary to notify local authority building control LABC OF THE INSTALLATION OF BOTH VENTED AND UNVENTED HOT WATER CYLINDERS BY A REGISTERED INSTALLER REGISTERED ON THE COMPETENT PERSONS SCHEME CPS and therefore eligible to certify their work
    GAS SAFE REGISTER to confirm they have hot water qualifications

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2022 - Member since Aug 2021 - report
    Mr.Wint Building Construction

    "Based on where it will be in your property, sometimes it does need the approval to have a piece of mind or for the safety of one's occupying the space."

    Answered on 19th Feb 2022 - Member since Nov 2019 - report

    "Hi, you will need a qualified person to survey and provide a detailed scope of work before you do anything"

    Answered on 14th Feb 2022 - Member since Aug 2021 - report
    Sd services

    "The best thing I can advise is to give them a ring then you’ll know for definite from the people who know sorry can’t be of more help that’s just my best advice Steve"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2022 - Member since Jul 2020 - report
    DDLK Construction Ltd

    "Under Building Regulations, it is necessary to notify Local Authority Building Control (LABC) of the installation of both unvented and vented hot water cylinders."

    Answered on 23rd Mar 2022 - Member since Mar 2022 - report
    TJ building services

    "You need to call building control and ask them they will probably tell you over the phone or may call out and check"

    Answered on 2nd Feb 2022 - Member since Mar 2018 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content