MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Bowed living room floor

    Flooring Specialists


    I've noticed a slight bowing in the floor in my living room/dining room. Our survey didn't pick up any subsidence so I don't think it's that but I think the issue might be with the wooden floorboards under the carpet.

    Googling has made me think I might need floorboards and joists replaced but I wanted to know - what scope of job should I be expecting to enter into? For a room measuring roughly 4m by 7m. Would it be a fix costing 1000s, tens of 1000s?

    Any help or advice appreciated.

    Asked by Chloe on 4th Jul 2022
    Share this question
    Js Handyman Services

    "It would be very difficult to say without looking unfortunately, worse case it would be a full new floor with joists which would be in the thousands."

    Answered on 4th Jul 2022 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
    Kevin Thomas Cottrell

    "Don't panic.I think you might have probably hardboard could be ply on top of your floorboards. It should just need renailing on the parts that have blown. (Blown is a floor layers term for exactly the problem you got).just need a carpet fitter to take up the carpet repin the relay carpet .should be a a minimum charge. Glad to help"

    Answered on 4th Jul 2022 - Member since Apr 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content