MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Get a Quote
  • Ask a Trade
  • About Us
  • Trade Signup
  • Categories
  • Login
  • Ask a Tradesman

    What can I do about condensation between double-glazed windows?

    Window Specialists

    Hello all
    I have found that I have two windows which have been developing condensation in between the glass panels.
    Is this usual for double glazed windows?
    As I have never seen this happen before, I had suspected that they may have a gap allowing for the water vapour to get in – is there any ways to fix this or at least keep the glass clean enough?
    If this isn’t repairable and needs replacement – is there any causes that could prevent it happening again?

    Asked by LAURA on 3rd Aug 2019
    Share this question
    Armmstrongs joinery

    "Replace the unit! I can supply and fit and do glazing repairs."

    Answered on 24th Jan 2020 - Member since Jan 2020 - report
    MB frames

    "The good news is that you do not have to change the whole window and can just change the glass. There is no way of repairing the blown glass units that is cost effective so changing the glass is the best and cheapest option. I could give a clearer picture with more information and photos.

    Kind Regards


    Answered on 6th Jan 2020 - Member since Dec 2019 - report
    Bennbrook windows


    The double-glazing glass units have broken down and the windows have blown. The glass will need replacing as it can't be repaired."

    Answered on 29th Mar 2020 - Member since Mar 2020 - report
    Apex Home Improvements

    "If you have condensation between the glass (double glazing), it means your units have broken down, best to get a window fitter out to measure up for new units, he will need to remove a couple of beads to also measure thickness of glass.
    Although some window firms have a device for this."

    Answered on 5th Aug 2019 - Member since Jan 2019 - report
    B-wize home improvements

    "You will have to replace the sealed units or sometimes you would have to replace the seals."

    Answered on 5th Aug 2019 - Member since Aug 2018 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content