Washing machine drainage system

I want a utility room in my garage which isn’t connected to my house,I have been told I need a water waste disposal system leading to the main one, is this correct and how do I go about getting this done?

Asked by Jessica on 25th Mar 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"Hi Jessica,
If there are is no foul waste water drainage near the garage so that the water from the machine can be gravity run then the waste water from the machine will have to be pumped to a foul drain/stack pipe. Also you will need a cold water supply if not already one there and power.
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
"Hi Jessica this is possible. It's best you employ a plumber if you are not confident on doing this type of job, as a professional will know best. You will have to run a 40mm waste pipe to your waste system and that should be ok in completing your intended job. Hope that helps."
Answered on 6th Apr 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
"Depends on location but usually a 40mm pipe (with U bend) into soil pipe or nearby waste."
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Feb 2018 - report
"Without seeing the layout of the job it sounds like the waste disposal unit would be a Sani flo pump or similar. This would pump out to a suitable drainage gulley. This pipe would also require suitable insulation if run outside to prevent freezing. Cheers
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
"Would be happy to come and have a look and give you a quote , not something I can quote with out seeing it , you would need a feed for the water as well."
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Mar 2021 - report
"Yes you’ll need to either employ a plumber or do it yourself. It’ll depend on lots of factors inc how far your main drain is away from the area, how deep the main drain is, what you’d have to dig up to install pipework etc etc.


RSS p&h"
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Jan 2021 - report
"You will need to find where main drain is and dig a track from there to where you want utility room. Cut into main drain and run a new soil pipe also you will need to run a new underground water supply to same position. As you will only have a cold supply you will need to get a source for heating the water to give you a hot supply ."
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Mar 2020 - report
"Yes this is correct all you have to do is run a 40mm waste pipe to your waste system"
Answered on 25th Mar 2021 - Member since Apr 2019 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year