MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Tumbled brick


    Hey. I've been looking at different brick types and brick finishes. I'd just like to know what exactly is tumbled brick? Thanks!

    Asked by Karen on 12th Jul 2022
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Macauley Brickwork

    "Tumbled bricks are simply bricks that have been put into a tumbling machine. As it turns, the bricks roll around and bang against each other and off the walls of the machine; this deforms their edges and make dents and marks on their surfaces to make them look old and weathered. The total opposite of straight cut bricks that look brand new with perfect Ninety degree angles."

    Answered on 12th Jul 2022 - Member since Jul 2022 - report
    Ward construction york ltd

    "Tumbling in is the name usually on a gable end on an angles brickwork done a lot in 1800 s looks good on old reclaimed bricks."

    Answered on 13th Jul 2022 - Member since May 2019 - report
    ANDREW Stubbs

    "A tumble brick makes it look old and ruff round the edges just like reclaimed old stock bricks"

    Answered on 12th Jul 2022 - Member since Oct 2021 - report
    East Dean Masonry

    "It’s a way of reducing the thickness of a wall normally on piers or buttresses"

    Answered on 12th Jul 2022 - Member since Sep 2014 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content