MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Subsidence in 1960's home (sale completed only yesterday)


    Great video. If you don't mind I have a question, I've just moved into a property built in the 1960's it had a one crack in the outside brickwork on the first floor a wide (>10mm) crack in the interior kitchen wall and on the first day in the property I removed the wallpaper in the bathroom (directly above the kitchen) and found another wide (>10mm) crack. It seems to fit the criteria of subsidence, would the surveyor working on behalf of the mortgage advisor have missed this? Who would be liable for this if it is subsidence since I've only had the property 1 day? What steps should I take next?

    Asked by Conrad on 26th Feb 2021
    Share this question
    Gamma construction


    It all depends on if you had a full structural survey or a homebuyers report"

    Answered on 1st Mar 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
    Danny Anderson builder

    "Refer back to your surveyor.
    Danny Anderson builder"

    Answered on 1st Mar 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
    Manning property services ltd

    "Appoint your own structural engineer and then you can go back with his report."

    Answered on 8th Mar 2021 - Member since Mar 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content