MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Rising damp in kitchen


    Who would I need to come out to look at a damp patch in my kitchen? I'm guessing rising damp on a wall that used to be external, now part of extension. Would it be a builder or a damp specialist?


    Asked by Gemma on 30th Sep 2019
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Scotia Maintenance

    "The internal wall is probably sitting in the solem and drawing dampness from that. Get a survey to be sure. Depending on access to the solem it can get lagged at point of contact."

    Answered on 2nd Oct 2019 - Member since Sep 2019 - report
    Knight building solutions

    "Hi I would advise you to ask a damp specialist to come and take a survey and a test to see if it is rising damp and maybe ask them to inject the walls to stop this."

    Answered on 30th Sep 2019 - Member since Sep 2019 - report
    Mike Silvey Paving and Landscaping

    "A damp specialist will find out exactly what the problem is, most builder's can find the issue too. I'd suggest a different builder to one who did your extension."

    Answered on 6th May 2020 - Member since Jan 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content