MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Remove suspended joists


    I live in a Victorian ground floor flat where I like to create an open plan kitchen and living room on what's currently my master bedroom since it has a backdoor to the garden.
    To do this, I'd need firstly to turn down the current division between the kitchen and this master bedroom, in addition to get rid of the existing master bedrooms ensuite. All these walls are dry walls so get rid of the existing kitchen units and the walls shouldn't be complicated. The height of this potential new area of the house is 2.15m however there's a wooden suspended floor with a crawling space below of around 1m height if I were to replace this suspended joists and insulate/dump proof the very bottom of the cellar, I'd be changing the height to around 3m which is a huge improvement. Said this, I'm aware that maybe the cost that this would involve could mean that it doesn't worth it since I'm not planning to live in this house more than 5 years, so all I'm trying to achieve is to add value to the property and know the costs in advanced to work out how to proceed. Many Thanks, Juan

    Asked by Juan on 15th May 2020
    Share this question
    DC installations

    "All sounds doable but with out taking a proper look wouldn’t like to say"

    Answered on 15th May 2020 - Member since May 2015 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content