MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Pet door installation


    What tradesman would I need to install a ‘petwalk’ pet door in masonry wall? It also needs electricity connection.

    Asked by Jennifer on 7th Dec 2019
    Share this question

    Best Answer


    "I you haven't purchased this already I would suggest purchasing the pet safe flap. its battery operated so you just need a competent person to drill the hole for you.

    If have already brought the pet walk I would suggest a trained electrician for the electrics and a handyman to cut the wall."

    Answered on 24th Apr 2020 - Member since Apr 2020 - report
    Jr multi skilled maintenance services

    "Thanks for asking you would be looking at around £175 for the fitting only.

    Answered on 6th Apr 2020 - Member since Jan 2018 - report

    "If the electricity connection is simply a plug in, then any competent handyman willing to do the job can do so, if you need wiring you will need a spark/electrician to do the wiring legally/safely."

    Answered on 2nd Apr 2020 - Member since Mar 2020 - report
    Mountain Construction

    Would definitely need to be a qualified or time served builder, this is not a job for the handy man, the electrical work would be the easy part. It's getting the right size hole cut into the masonry work that will cost just a bit more than usual."

    Answered on 11th Dec 2019 - Member since Dec 2018 - report
    Odd Job Nick

    "Electrician and builder/handyman for the creation of the hole."

    Answered on 13th Dec 2019 - Member since Oct 2019 - report
    T@P decorating

    "A general all rounder should be able to complete this job"

    Answered on 20th Apr 2021 - Member since Mar 2021 - report
    Arwen & co.

    "No need for electricity connection as they are typically only battery powered. Generally, it's installed into pvc or double glazed door."

    Answered on 25th Dec 2019 - Member since Nov 2019 - report
    MB frames

    "I would suggest a builder with electrical experience would be your best option. If you're going through a cavity wall you will need to seal the cavity before installation."

    Answered on 14th Jan 2020 - Member since Dec 2019 - report
    All jobs Handyman

    "Well I'm thinking you would definitely need 2 an electrician and a builder"

    Answered on 10th Jun 2020 - Member since May 2020 - report
    H.G.M Property services

    "I would say a handyman would be suitable. Preferably one that has electrical experience."

    Answered on 9th Apr 2020 - Member since Oct 2018 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content