MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Installing an indoor climbing wall


    We want to install an indoor climbing wall to our child's bedroom. What kind of tradesperson would we need? Is it simply a handyman? Or do we need a specialist? We want to ensure the wall can hold enough weight to last until teens (if they still want it then). Any advice would be appreciated.

    Asked by Ceara on 28th Jul 2019
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Shire Builders

    "In short, the best tradesman would most likely be a builder or handyman. In order to make certain it will hold the weight ask the manufacturer to recommend fixings you will need to find out what sort of wall it is going on stud walling or solid masonry. Your builder or tradesman will be able to follow these recommendations or should be able to recommend correct fixings."

    Answered on 29th Jul 2019 - Member since Jul 2014 - report
    AAA handyman

    "If its prefabricated set up it comes with pretty simple instructions and handyman would be all you need to put it in place. BUT if you want to build and fit it in to your own specification I would recommend finding a more specialized service."

    Answered on 30th Jul 2019 - Member since Jul 2019 - report
    MB frames

    "It really depends on the type of wall you want to fix it to. If it's plaster board or block work then it might not take the weight. If it is brick and plaster then the wall should be strong enough, depends of the weight being put on it.

    Mark. MB Frames"

    Answered on 6th Jan 2020 - Member since Dec 2019 - report
    MD Property Services

    "To support the weight of a climbing wall I would strengthen the wall first and not just fit footpegs to a stud wall, it’s easily enough done."

    Answered on 5th Nov 2019 - Member since Mar 2019 - report
    Au Faix

    "A general handyman can do this job it’s not a hard job"

    Answered on 6th May 2021 - Member since Apr 2021 - report

    "Firstly I can do that job as a carpenter/handyman and other skilled carpenters and handymen should be able to do it too. Secondly, it needs to be a brick wall and not a plasterboard one."

    Answered on 14th Nov 2019 - Member since May 2019 - report
    C@k all jobs

    "This is a job for the joiner as your bedroom walls may need to be strengthened before anything is done especially if your hoping to have a teenagers weight use it and of course u wouldn’t want it coming away from the wall so yes best man is the joiner"

    Answered on 5th Aug 2020 - Member since Jul 2020 - report
    T@P decorating

    "A general handyman should be able to complete this job. Anyone competent really"

    Answered on 20th Apr 2021 - Member since Mar 2021 - report
    JR Property Maintenance

    "Hi there, a handyman would be fine, depending on the type of wall will determine which fixings you would use."

    Answered on 15th May 2020 - Member since Jan 2019 - report
    The Brit m Company Ltd

    "It depends a lot on the type and the place where its going. (Wall type)
    Pre fab wall going on a solid wall should be a easy install for most Handymen.
    Pre fab on a not so solid wall then I would recommend asking a builder.
    Custom wall on a solid wall would make sure the Handyman knows what he is getting involved in.

    (load bearing walls are built stronger and will take the strain)"

    Answered on 30th Aug 2019 - Member since May 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content