MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Fit a wash basin

    Bathroom Specialists

    How can I install a wash basin where no pipework is showing. What can I do to achieve this? Should I contact a plumber? Does it cost much? How long might it take?

    Asked by MRS DAKIRI on 28th Oct 2020
    Share this question

    "Hot and cold piped from nearest accessible place waste water to outside probably around £120"

    Answered on 28th Oct 2020 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
    Toby Collins Bathroom Installations

    "Best to sit it on a cabinet.
    You can box out the wall to hide the plumbing.
    Yes you will need a plumber.
    The plumber will cost it."

    Answered on 29th Oct 2020 - Member since Dec 2019 - report
    McDonough Construction Limited

    "You can hide the hot and cold water supply behind the wall if tiled wall you would have to remove the tiles if the wall is a stud partition then you can hide them in the partition if you aren’t a competent or experienced diyer I would recommend calling a plumber if needed"

    Answered on 24th Mar 2021 - Member since Mar 2021 - report
    CjR Pipework Building Services & Maintenance

    "Get a plumber like myself in who can multi trade it is simple and easy but can go wrong can be done in a day"

    Answered on 18th Jul 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
    Graft Webb Property Services

    "The pipe work needs to be chased into the wall. Best to get an experienced tradesman to do that."

    Answered on 18th Jan 2021 - Member since Apr 2020 - report
    JB’s Plumbing, Heating & Property Service

    "Contact a reputable plumber and ask for a quotation. Remember cheaper doesn’t always mean better!"

    Answered on 11th Nov 2020 - Member since Apr 2019 - report
    Perfect Construction

    "You don't have to call a plumber as such but someone with sounds knowledgeable is just as good.

    The pipes would need to be chased into the wall if they are not going to be surface mounted."

    Answered on 9th Dec 2020 - Member since Dec 2020 - report

    "Hello, the best way is to contact a plumber to get the job done properly and for the price it is not and many thanks"

    Answered on 28th Oct 2020 - Member since Jul 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content