Draughtsperson vs architect

Is it OK to use a draughtsperson rather than an architect to draw up plans for my extension?

Asked by Joyce on 13th Oct 2022
Expert Trade Answers
"There is no law preventing you from hiring a draughtsperson to draw up your home extension plans, as long as the design complies with latest planning and building regulations. However, qualified architects are specialists in building designs and have years of professional education and training. They should be more capable of designing the home extension for you."
Answered on 11th Nov 2022 - Member since Aug 2022 - report
"Would always recommend an architect as they would have studied architecture at university and have the relevant work experience to ensure you get the best quality design."
Answered on 7th Dec 2022 - Member since Dec 2022 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year