Condensation window frame

Hi there, I have a condensation issue on my window frame caused by a non insulated metal building curtain frame. I wanted to ask if i could stop the damp appearing by insulating and then covering over with plasterboard?

Many thanks.

Asked by Calum on 24th Feb 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"Hi yes you can insulate the steel with king span and use fixer foam as well for any gaps or steel showing then cover with plasterboard and plaster it."
Answered on 27th Feb 2021 - Member since May 2020 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year