MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Ask a Tradesman

    Can I replace a section of my kitchen’s worktop?

    Kitchen Fitters

    I have a fairly new kitchen worktop that has become damaged in one section, which will need to be removed. I would consider just replacing this one section of the worktop if I can, instead of seeking an entirely new worktop style again after just 2 years.
    Do kitchen fitters offer partial worktop replacements as a service usually? And is it possible to replace this one worktop section without upsetting the rest of the fittings and worktop areas?
    My only alternative would be to look at getting a new worktop entirely, so I would rather replace the single damaged section somehow, if it’s possible.

    Asked by June on 10th Jul 2019
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Brilliantly Bespoke

    "Hi there,

    It is possible to replace sections or lengths of worktops however there are some risks involved which depend on how the worktop was installed, for instance when I do joints on my worktops I use both glue and bolts and should this be the case there is a high chance that upon separating the existing joint it may well damage the joining piece. Not to say I haven't been able to achieve this with no damages, just be prepared that it could end up that way.

    Hope this helps,

    Answered on 5th Nov 2019 - Member since Nov 2019 - report
    Ahk kitchens

    "It will depend if you can match the worktop up and also the joining of it may not look good. I suggest a new work surface but if you can match the worktop just get new length."

    Answered on 10th Jul 2019 - Member since Apr 2018 - report
    Smiths Property Solutions

    "Hi In answer to your question it’s very difficult to remove one section and replace. It is possible if the surrounding sections were removed that a new joint might be possible."

    Answered on 10th Jul 2019 - Member since Jul 2019 - report
    gpg home improvements

    "Hi, you can just replace the damaged part as long as you can still get the same worktop, some fitters will try to get you to replace the lot but you will not need to, all the best Gavin gpg home improvements"

    Answered on 31st Mar 2020 - Member since Nov 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content