MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Can I have a two storey side extension?


    Hi, I just wanted to know if it's realistic to be able to do and get a double storey side extension on this house. There is an alley next to the boundary, which I thought might help our case going close to the boundary.

    Asked by Christopher on 13th May 2021
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    JBS Home Improvements lmt

    "This question must be answered by planning permission from the council and building control."

    Answered on 11th Jun 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report

    "You will need planning permission and building regulations."

    Answered on 26th Aug 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
    Home Design Services

    "Anything can be built. The concern is, is it legal to do so.

    Your best bet is to have a building inspector see it first"

    Answered on 7th Jun 2021 - Member since Jun 2021 - report
    Fenhomes & son

    "You need to get in touch with the local council and ask permission as no doubt that is a public walkway and also what drains etc are in the area and other surrounding properties you could be effecting better safe than sorry to get the permission"

    Answered on 3rd Nov 2021 - Member since Sep 2021 - report
    AliRay construction

    "It all depends on the planning department at your local council"

    Answered on 16th Apr 2022 - Member since Jul 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content