Building inspectors insurance

My approved inspector’s insurance has ran out. What can I do about this, particularly if it’s affecting me right now?

Asked by Sharon on 22nd Nov 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"Easiest way is to contact building control they will tell you what to do and put your mind at rest."
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
"Hi, what did the Insurance originally cover..was it structural, building,?"
Answered on 22nd Nov 2021 - Member since Aug 2021 - report
"You should ask him to renew his insurance and show you his certificate under no circumstances should you let Work carry on if he’s uninsured"
Answered on 26th Nov 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
"Once your insurance has expired, an Approved Inspector should submit a notice to cancel your work and 'revert' the job back to the local council."
Answered on 23rd Mar 2022 - Member since Mar 2022 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year