MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    who do I hire to install ducting foe kitchen hood?

    Kitchen Fitters

    My kitchen fitter says they will fit the kitchen hood but won't install the ducting from the hood to the wall vent themselves. Who do I hire to do that? A builder? An electrician?

    Asked by Marine on 3rd Sep 2021
    Share this question

    Best Answer

    Splendid SP Kitchens

    "Have to hire a builder, and he will install the hood ducting kit."

    Answered on 28th Sep 2021 - Member since Dec 2018 - report
    Downton Property Solutions

    "A qualified and competent Kitchen Installer would install the ducting and core drill the hole through the wall, this industry has at the moment too many unqualified installers not capable of carrying out the full job which is why they are called fitters and not installers - some have their own builders who support them to core drill the wall."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Jul 2021 - report
    Cambridge Master Builders

    "You don't require a core cutting if you use a carbon filter. This is an electrical project."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Dec 2019 - report
    Lyall property services

    "You would need a builder to install the ducting as I suspect you do not have a hole cored out to fit it.
    Some electricians may carry this equipment but a builder definitely will."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Aug 2021 - report
    Midland Property Repairs

    "A competent kitchen fitter should be able to do that."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Jan 2020 - report

    "Any kitchen fitter should be able to do this job, just requires a 100 bore cutter, easily done, don’t need an electrician or plumber.
    Cheers Simon"

    Answered on 24th Nov 2021 - Member since Jan 2020 - report

    "The cabinet installer must install the hood and install the pipe through the hole in the wall because this is the kitchen cabinet fitter job, which we also do in the process."

    Answered on 16th Nov 2021 - Member since Apr 2021 - report
    Mark Davis Installations

    "Hi, you need someone who has the right equipment, namely a core drill and diamond bit, usually 110mm. Several trades carry this kit. Decent kitchen fitters, electricians, and plumbers would usually have it on their van. To be honest, if kitchen fitters won't or can't do the hole it's best to leave the extractor off the wall as it will only need to come down in order to drill it. Bear in mind it's also a very messy job so best to do it before you are ready to cook your dinner in your new kitchen. I usually make it one of my first jobs after stripping out the old kitchen. Obviously, if any electrical points need moving for it, you will need an electrician."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Aug 2021 - report
    Kaytayco installations

    "Plumbers generally have core bits, maybe your fitter never had the right sized bit for the ducting as we generally work with 100mm ducting, and if they've sent the 125 mm ducting pipe you would the right sized diamond tip core bit to accommodate the extractor waste pipe."

    Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Sep 2020 - report
    Smart Installations Kent

    "Any one competent can install the ducting. As an electrician/kitchen fitter I would install as part of the kitchen."

    Answered on 10th Oct 2021 - Member since Jun 2021 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content