Tree surgeon qualifications

Are there any recognised qualifications a tree surgeon should have?

Asked by June on 10th Oct 2022
Expert Trade Answers
"Hi June

there are many...the key ones are...

chainsaw ticket
climbing ticket
safety ticket
waste licence

we have all the necessary qualifications if you need help with trees

Thx Rick"
Answered on 10th Oct 2022 - Member since Jun 2020 - report
"There are lots of qualifications that a Tree Surgeon can have, but I would always recommend to a customer to check that they have a valid public liability insurance cover for Tree surgery work. Because your property is at risk and a trusted Tree Surgery firm, won’t have any problems showing you their cover."
Answered on 10th Nov 2022 - Member since Nov 2022 - report
"The Basic Quals that All Practising Tree Surgeons should have are.
NPTC CS30 1 and 1.2 Crosscut and Chainsaw Maintenance
NPTC CS31 Fell and Process Small Tree's
NPTC CS32 Fell and Process Medium Trees
NPTC CS 38 Climb Tree and Perform Aerial Rescue and
NPTC CS 39 Using a Chainsaw from A Rope and Harness

As well as this, a Tree Surgeon should Have Public Liability Insurance to a Minimum of 2 Million GBP and Employee Insurance to a Minimum of 1 Million GBP, a Waste Transfer License for Green Waste and a Basic Health and Safety Policy for doing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS for short)"
Answered on 9th Dec 2022 - Member since Feb 2019 - report
"I have a city and guilds in felling, and cross cutting, and chain saw maintance

there can be a range of qualifications including :
Level 2 certificate in Arboriculture.
`level 2 Work based Tree and timber
Level 2 felling and Processing
T level in agricilture"
Answered on 10th Oct 2022 - Member since Jul 2022 - report
"All qualifications are helpful so that a client has piece of mind,I don't have a tree surgeon qualification ,as its mot my main trade,but am a confident worker in all situations, and have felled many trees over the years and we must remember we have all the information we need at our fingertips these days ."
Answered on 10th Oct 2022 - Member since Oct 2022 - report
"Ye you need chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting, fell small trees up to 380mm then you can go do tree climbing and aerial rescue and then chainsaw from a rope and harness. Hope this helps you"
Answered on 10th Oct 2022 - Member since Apr 2022 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year