Rising damp now possibly structual, foundation problem

I have soil/mud appearing at the brick work which runs along side of my living room wall on outside. Inside my wall has cracked always along where skirting board is and has pulled away from wall also flooring looks as though it has dropped with gapping . I do have rising damp , is this now structural? Thankyou

Asked by Siobhan on 3rd Apr 2024
Expert Trade Answers
"This could be a lot of different reasons but without out looking at it and seeing what the problem is it’s hard to say"
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
"Hello,I can help you with your foundation, but I need to look at the place, email me if you are still interested in it."
Answered on 12th Apr 2024 - Member since Jul 2023 - report
"without a good luck at it , its hard to say . but would be happy to have a look for you !"
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Dec 2022 - report
"Without seeing it and going off what you have said yes quite possibly it’s subsidence
Get a structural engineer to look at it it will cost but better to be safe. They will advise on the best way to deal with it.
A builder will be able to fix it to there requirements"
Answered on 14th May 2024 - Member since Apr 2022 - report
"It is difficult to say without looking but it appears that if your joist have rotted assuming suspended floor they would have dropped hence gap and therefore cracking but this is not a positive conclusion just a possibility."
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Oct 2023 - report
"That can be a problem in the future
Can be sorted out
I need more details about"
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Jan 2024 - report
"You would have to have the floor joints inspection done as the ends have more than probably rott in them if so you can jack up cut rot back to good timber and fix new timber along side still and fix timber with bolt's and treat ends of timber with wood preserve"
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Jan 2023 - report
"It sounds like the damp proofing has fail or you have land patio or flooring outside to high and the water can get into the cavity.
Can be fixed"
Answered on 3rd Apr 2024 - Member since Oct 2023 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year