Pipes at back of cabinet in the way of the dishwasher

We’ve just ordered a dishwasher (we don’t currently have one) and paid extra for them to install it. The only cabinet we presume the slimline can fit in (and there’s a switch for it above) is a slim cabinet between the sink and oven.

We cleared out the cabinet today with intentions of removing it (AO said the space needs to be ready for the dishwasher to be installed) however the oven has a pipe coming out of it which juts out into that cabinet space at the back and will prevent the dishwasher from fitting in.

How do we go about getting around this? What sort of tradesmen would I need to request to sort out the oven pipe and cabinet for our dishwasher? It’s due to arrive next Friday!

Asked by Ellie on 13th Aug 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"Hi Ellie,
First of all the dishwasher fits into a space and not a cabinet. There is never room for pipes behind a dishwasher so it looks like you will need a gas fitter to re-route the feed pipe to the cooker.
John Hill"
Answered on 13th Aug 2021 - Member since Aug 2017 - report
"You would need to get a registered gas installation engineer to move the gas pipe. A kitchen fitter or carpenter would be able to out the cabinet"
Answered on 10th Jan 2022 - Member since Dec 2021 - report
"Hi, you need to get a qualified gas engineer to see if it’s possible to move the pipe first before taking the cab out!"
Answered on 13th Aug 2021 - Member since Dec 2020 - report
"If the pipe is coming from an oven, then it’s a gas supply pipe, you need a plumber who is gas safe registered to move it. Bear in mind where the pipe comes from as it may end up being quite a big job."
Answered on 14th Aug 2021 - Member since Feb 2021 - report
"Hi, for this job you will need to keep in touch with a gas engineer to relocate the gas pipe first then after depends may you will also need an authorised plumber to connect the dishwasher depends what records you have there"
Answered on 30th Nov 2021 - Member since Nov 2021 - report
"If it's a gas pipe you need a gas safe plumber to remove or reroute the pipe, if its water or waste pipe any plumber can do that for you."
Answered on 15th Sep 2021 - Member since Jan 2020 - report
"You will need a gas safe plumber/engineer no one else should be altering a gas pipe."
Answered on 13th Aug 2021 - Member since May 2020 - report
"Hi there it sounds like you need a gas engineer. Can you confirm it’s a gas oven?"
Answered on 13th Aug 2021 - Member since May 2021 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year