Integrated dishwasher

We have a fitted kitchen with standard height worktop. We need to replace a dishwasher from a Fisher Paykell dish drawer type to a Miele integrated one. So we need to get a new front door piece for the integrated machine. We have had difficulty sourcing a door from the kitchen supplier so were looking at a Miele stainless steel one 60cm wide X 72cm but our kitchen doors are 77cm. To me this looks as if the dishwasher front will look strange as the lower edge of it will sit higher than the lower edge of the doors. Is there a way round this?

Asked by Cat on 19th Apr 2021
Expert Trade Answers
"If you imagine the motion of and integrated dishwasher opening you need room at the bottom to open it from the top allowing swing down the bottom. It should then be continued through with plinth and the plinth should also be notched out where nessecary. Although all integrated doors I have fitted have been standard sizing. Check with the supplier on this or contact a decent carpenter and they will be able to source one or even cut one down to size out of a larger one adding edging where needed. Good luck"
Answered on 19th Apr 2021 - Member since Jan 2016 - report
"Unfortunately the supplier of your kitchen cabinets has designed them using non standard sizes. Companies will do this so if you need to replace a damaged frontal then you have to buy from this company, usually at very inflated prices. If you can buy a standard 720mm steel door, they may also have a 50mm filler to go with it. Bringing the door height to 770mm ."
Answered on 19th Apr 2021 - Member since Apr 2019 - report
"Hi Cat!

There are ways around your problem, and you can chose which one is more to your liking.

1. You can buy a normal integrated dishwasher, and put the two existing doors, connect them with a bracket inside and the kitchen would look like just before with a different dishwasher

2. Get the new Miele dishwasher keep the bottom of the door in line with the unit doors, make up a “false panel above the dishwasher and use the door you got now to cut a frontal out to fill out the gap above the machine line with the doors.

I hope it make sense.

Kind Regards
Answered on 19th Apr 2021 - Member since Apr 2020 - report
Find Tradespeople, compare up to 3 quotes!
It's FREE and there are no obligations
Ask a Trade
Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.
Ask your question
Ask a Trade

Are you looking for advice on a DIY project or have a question for our tradespeople?

We'll email your question to tradespeople who are skilled in your chosen category.

Your question will be made public - please do not include any personal details.

{{ first(ask.errors)[0] }}

By continuing you agree to the Community Guidelines.

Report Content

{{ first(reportForm.errors) }}

Thank you

Your report has been created and will be investigated shortly.

Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?
Get started

Over 1 million homeowners and over 50,000 tradespeople
use MyJobQuote nationwide each year