MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Do I have damp proof course?


    I am selling my house and someone who came to view asked if I had damp proofing, how do I find that out. Thanks

    Asked by Carherine on 31st Mar 2020
    Share this question
    CK Plumbing and Maintenance

    "Get a specialist to carryout some tests
    The possibility is if your house is old it may have had a dpc at some point"

    Answered on 31st Mar 2020 - Member since Jan 2017 - report
    MRG Mould Specialists LTD


    Generally you have a damp proof course and a damp proof membrane, a damp proof course depends on the structure of your floor and will generally sit beneath your ground floor structure, a damp proof member generally sits above floor level, ie bitumen, a latex solution or a screed.

    MRG Mould Specialists Ltd"

    Answered on 10th Jul 2020 - Member since May 2020 - report
    Spectrum decorators

    "You can usually tell by the outside of the building, if you look along the bottom of the property you should see a black band between the course of bricks this is the damp course"

    Answered on 31st Mar 2020 - Member since Feb 2020 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content