MyJobQuote Logomyjobquote
  • Post a Job
  • Trade Signup
  • Ask a Trade
  • Cost Guides
  • About
  • Login
  • Over 1 million homeowners and over 30,000 tradespeople
    use MyJobQuote nationwide each year

    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade
    Post a Job or Sign up as a trade

    Ask a Tradesman

    Bay window sill


    Wooden interior window sill beneath bay window in upstairs bedroom has a bulge in the inside corner. The window is double glazed and secondary glazing has also been installed. The area isn't damp and the bulge is firm to the touch and doesn't move, even when I press it. Any advice on how to get this investigated and fixed would be welcomed. Thanks.

    Asked by Lara on 2nd Aug 2019
    Share this question
    MD Property Services

    "To see what's causing the bulge underneath removal is required. It may be from prior to the installation and not caused by the windows. If there is a strong heat source this can also cause warping/blowing."

    Answered on 5th Nov 2019 - Member since Mar 2019 - report
    Jr multi skilled maintenance services

    "Thanks for asking yes i would advise you call in a professional builder to look at your problem before it can get away worse and cause more damage to your property"

    Answered on 19th Apr 2020 - Member since Jan 2018 - report
    Jeff Glass

    "Sometimes in old property, the brickwork sort of collapses a bit under bay windows. This may have been plastered over at some point or the plaster has bulged out. Unfortunately the only way to know what is going on is to remove the plaster back to the brickwork...then you’ll see."

    Answered on 29th Mar 2020 - Member since Aug 2019 - report

    Ask a Trade

    Got a question that only a tradesperson can answer? We have thousands of trades ready to answer any question you may have.

    Ask your Question

    Related questions

    Ready to get a price for your home improvement project?

    get started

    Report Content