Gas and Electrical Safety

For some trades such as gas and electric it is the law that they must be fully qualified and allowed to carry out the work you are requesting. It is for this reason we ask for trades who operate in these categories to provide us with proof that they are allowed to operate. Whilst we make every effort to keep a check with the relevant bodies it is important for you to check that your trade is a member of the gas safe register or the electrical competent persons scheme.

Gas Safety

You can check your installer on the gas safe register -

If you are having any work including but not limited to, boiler repair/replacement, gas cookers repaired or replaced or anything to do with your gas supply then you should request to see the trades proof they are on the gas safe register. You can also search yourself by name, company name or postcode via the gas safe website.

Electrical Safety

You can check that your Electrician is listed on the electrical competent persons scheme website -

For electrical work it is recommended that you check your electrical contractor is listed on the website above. For some electrical work it is the law that you must make sure that your electrical work adheres to part P of the building regulations. You can read more about the rules for England and Wales here -

Reviewed by MyJobQuote on 27th April 2017.

Search our questions

Still need help? Send us an email with your questions.
Contact us